Friday, July 26, 2013

Bed bugs, a blessing & writing in Portuguese!!

Email from MTC - week 2
 
I hope everyone at home is doing well! Man it was an eventful week i hope i can remember it all and answer all of your questions. Thanks so much for the dear elder letters. They are so so nice to get every evening. It is great to hear what is going on at home and to hear from you guys. This week has been very eventful. Elder Evens got eaten up by some bed bugs a few nights ago so it was quite the ordeal to get rid of those. That was something I expected in Brazil not the MTC haha. It turned out he got them when we did our weekly cleaning of the building not from his bed. I really enjoy elder evens. He is a really great guy, and always has the Spirit with him, and we are always cracking up about something. I had the opportunity to give a sister in the district a bless yesterday night. That was a very very spiritual experience. It was amazing. I was pretty nervous being my first blessing but it went really well. Those BLTs sure sound good! The food here isn't that bad but nothing like a homegrown BLT. Keep up the good work in the garden Rae! Send me some pics of it whenever you can.  Tomorrow Elder Evens and I welcome in 27 new missionaries into our zone, all going to Brazil. Its a huge group, two big districts. I'm really excited to welcome them in and get them started. Camping sure sounds fun Pa! That's crazy about the frogs and the snake. I would absolutely love to get outdoors. The language is progressing. I had a really good day yesterday with it. A couple of things that were confusing me started to click and make sense. The teachers here are amazing. They way they teach is they basically teach you lessons on being a missionary and how to teach in portuguese. Not really any portuguese language lessons. It is amazing how fast you learn when you feel the Spirit. It just sticks so much better. Our whole district has been going to choir to sing at the Tuesday night devo at the Marriot center. The choir director is a super cool guy. He gives the back ground to all of the songs and about what all the songs are really about. It gives them so much more meaning. The lessons are going well. We are teaching two investigators now. I feel comfortable enough with the language I can go in there and have a conversation which feels so great. Not just reading a script. Elder Evens is so good at the language. He is fluent in spanish and he took italian in college. So he has been like a tutor to me haha. He has taught me a lot. I really like how we feel the Spirit so often here. It is something very special. I hope to continue that on my mission and after. If you guys have the chance watch or read "The character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. That talk really changed my perspective on being a missionary. It is not enough to have a testimony of the gospel, but we need to be converted fully unto the Lord. We need to turn out when the natural man turns in and focuses on selfish thoughts. Anyways check it out if you can. The ZLs before us are leaving today to Ohio I believe to wait for their visas. They are both super guys, some big shoes to fill. I hope I can show the love that showed me as a new missionary. I am getting used to the schedule already. I wake up at 6 on my own and an really really tired by 10 haha. living the schedule 24/7 makes it natural pretty quick. Everyday we have gym time it is the highlight of the day haha. We have been playing volleyball inside and in the sand when it is cool out. It is a ton of fun. I great way to clear the mind. Recently I have been reading the book of Ether a lot, especially chapter 12. It is so powerful. It teaches of faith and how important it is and what our potential is if we rely on the Lord instead of ourselves. Thanks again so much for the letters. I really wish I could go swimming with Solo. I miss him a lot. Im glad your ipod turned back on Ali, I'm can't imagine you without that thing haha. Dee I'm glad Cody is coming to church, that is awesome. Have him talk to the missionaries some if he feels comfortable. He is a great guy. And those hot wings sound delicious haha. That's a ton of them. Tell Albert hey for me. I forgot their email, can you forward these to Chuck and Lori? Thanks. I really miss their family. To answer some of your questions ma you can send any snacks you would like, jerky/drinks/candy/chips they all sound good haha. You can send the garments now, I have room for them. I bought some stamps/envelopes.
 
I really do miss you guys. I love it here. I love feeling the Spirit so often and learning so much about the Gospel and the Savior. I have learned so much.
 
Love,
Elder Mountain
 
Vi um pilar de luz acima de minha cabeca, mais brilliate que o sol, que desca gradualmente sobre mem. Quando a luz pousou sobre mem, vi dois Personages coju espeldor e gloria defiam qualquer descisao, appendo no ar, acima de mim. Um deles falou me, chamdo me pelo nome, e desse, appendo para o outro: esta e mue filho amando, ouvo-o
 
Practicing the first vision from memory haha. I think I got must of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment