Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas chat with Nate!!!

Christmas Skype with Elder Mountain!!
 
We were able to Skype with Nate for about 1 & 1/2 hours. It was so wonderful! Our neighbors, that he is very close with, were able to come over and chat with him for a few minutes too, he really loved that. It was so nice to actually have a conversation with him versus email chatting. He is the same, not sure why I thought he would be different, he was exactly the same. I, as a Mother, completely understand the reasoning behind twice a year phone calls/Skype. I am just now coming out of the sadness brought on by the call, I'm sure it is the same for some missionaries. It's much easier to stay focused on the 'work' here at home and in the field when we keep contact to emails and letters. The call reminded me how much I miss my "Buddy", I so enjoy our long talks.....we'll have lots of catching up to do in 18 months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment