Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Doing well, be like Ammon & testimony

Email from MTC - Week 4
 
Alo minha familia como esta?
 
How is everyone doing? It has been another great week at the MTC. It is crazy, the days are soooo long but time flies by at the same time. I can't believe that I will be in the field in 2 weeks. Elder Arnold left this morning, he got his visa, so he will be in Sao Paolo for 2 weeks then off to Rio. 25 visa came this week alone, so there is hope. Thanks so much for the pictures you guys sent. It is so cool to see the garden. I printed off the picture of Rae and Solo (he is our neighbor but more like a younger brother) and have it on my desk. I miss playing and messing around with them all day at the pool, I bet solo is a fish.  The tubing trip sounded like alot of fun. I bet it was a circus so packed. Tell Pa thanks for firing Ol Red up, haha. I miss working on it with him alot. I have told alot of stories about working on it to my friends here. The BYU-I thing sounds like its going to be awesome. (college class for Ma) The Book of Mormon class would be very interesting. Randee sonic sure sounds busy. I remember those days haha, they were exhasuting. I remember my biggest drop was $450. Hopefully people will start tipping better. Tell the sonic people I miss hanging out at sonic 24/7 like I used to. I hope they are all doing well. Boiled peanuts sure sound good! I have got to get some somewhere to give to Elder Evens. No one here has any idea what they are missing, haha. There is an Elder in the zone named Elder Blalock from Mississippi, super super southern boy, he is the only other one that understands, haha. I've gotten to be good friends with him. Fast sunday was really nice here as well. The fast was killer (26 hours) haha but the meeting was one of the best so far. Very powerful. This week I made alot of progress with the language. Elder Neu (an elder in the district) and I have been studying alot together and I have been learning quite a bit. Elder Evens is doing great, besides he had a bit of a cold yesterday. We are laughing together as much as ever haha. I have been reading in Alma alot lately, about Ammon and King Lamonhi. I have learned alot from the example of Ammon, how that serving and loving the people is the best way for them to see the Spirit and they will want it and want to learn more. Sister Shaw that we stayed with sent me a package this week. That was super nice of her, she sent me some treats and a BYU teeshirt. Very thoughtful. They have a very nice family. Thanks for the package you sent. Some outside food is sure good. They food is good here but its the same stuff alot of the times. 
 Aunt Cindee: That's a beautiful testimony!! It really takes some guts even for a missionary to bear their testimony. It is a amazing experience. You learn alot about what the gospel means to you and see all the many blessing the Lord has given you. I hope to be like that missionary you were talking about.
I know this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith indeed saw God and Jesus Christ, and that just like him our prayers can be answered, all it takes is a step of faith. I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be. I know that it is important to follow the prompting of the Spirit, I have learned that alot in teaching lessons, and that at times we don't even recognize actions we take as Spiritual prompting but when we look back they most definitely are. I know of the joy and happiness the gospel can bring people and families. I know that any problem can be fixed, any trial can be overcame if we rely on the Lord. I know that the scriptures contain great truths that we can learn and most importantly apply in our own lives. I know that Thomas Monson is the prophet today. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it testifies of Christ and by reading it we can grow closer to Him.
 
Love and miss you guys every day!!!
 
Love,
Elder Mountain

                                      
                                         Nate's district at Provo Temple


                              
                                          Elders in Nate's district. They have such a fun time together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment